Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Amateur’s Expert Comment: Habitually Happy…:)


Recently I had attended a seminar where I was asked to perform a simple activity (even you should try it right now). Raise your head, look up and smile for 10 seconds. Now remain in the same state and try to cry without loosing your smile. Difficult???

We all have wonderful experiences in life. You may go on your first date, get your driving license, your first job or you achieved something remarkable. But these feelings are temporary or transitory. But what can be permanent is your habit and character.

Happiness can become a habit if you practice to be happy no matter what. If you get stuck in traffic, so what? You can utilize the time to do something productive like listening to motivational audios or worst case scenario…SING! If you cant find any parking so what? You can park the car a little far and take a walk. It’s up to us how we find positives in whatever problems we face in life. I have always lived on a simple TRUTH: Whatever happens…happens for good.

Few days back, I met this lady who was severely sick and bedridden. I visited her house and saw that all her family members were at her service. I told the lady I was sorry for her sickness and wished her all well. But in return she said, ‘Don’t be sorry, atleast this way I got all my people together’…

I read somewhere, ‘our mind is like a Garden, and you reap whatever you plant. You will notice when you practice to be happy, our emotions shows in our posture, speech, actions and all phases of life, which in turn attracts more happy people.

One way to cultivate this habit is to find contentment in everything. Be graceful to God for everything you have and donot complain for what you don’t have. I don’t know about God’s physical appearance but I definitely know he has linked beauty with happiness.

Start your day with a smile and notice how life smiles back at you. Start each day this way, and you will be a healthy and a joyous person.

Always be positive, except on medical tests...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment