Friday, February 13, 2015

8 Amazing Facts About Ajman That You Didn’t Know!

OK let me start with wiping of the myth that Ajman is a village and a distant city. To be very specific, it takes only 13 minutes of drive from Dubai Airport to reach Ajman. You might find it funny but some of my friend have an impression that I live on a distant island. I have always been proud of the fact that I was born in this beautiful city and this city has never disappointed me.
I have lived here for almost 33 years and this is how I would summarize:

1)      Ajman can be easily nominated for having the best beach in Gulf (you don’t need to agree with me but I would still rate it the best. The foreign tourists vouched for me already). The beach has all the MNC’s and fast food joint that you can think of.

2)      The fancy yacht you see in Jumeirah, Marina and Festival City, most of them are manufactured in Ajman. For years, Ajman has been the choice for yacht manufacturers. Now that’s something to be proud of.



3)      It is a home for biggest 5 Star Luxury Hotel Brands such has Ramada, Kempinski, Ajman Saray, Fairmont, Ajman Palace Hotel and the list goes on. They are situated in a single stretch!





4)      A newly made Corniche at the end of Ajman Beach and it has a stretch of 1.5 kms jogging track (ref Image). The place is so beautiful, you have to see it to believe it.
http://www.thenational.ae/uae/ajman/residents-in-ajman-welcome-dh100-million-marina-project


5)      You will find every traffic light will have a digital counter. You are informed well in advance on how long you have to spend on that particular light. It also gives drivers the sense of safety while driving. I am sure ladies would love to drive in Ajman.

6)      People travel to Mamzar to have special TEA at Filli. In Ajman, at every 100 meters, you will find a tea shop where you can find similar taste and 20 different types of innovative TEA.

7)      You can never give excuse of traffic for not reaching on time. Even in the worst of traffic, you can still exit in 15mins. That’s Ouch for lazy bummers!


8)      The construction of Ajman International Airport is on full flow. Yes! Ajman is set to host about two million passengers per year. Take that for people who thought it was a village! 

1 comment: